Sketches

Friday 20 June 2014

The Royals are finished

At last I found the time to finish my stained glass object "the Royals".
I fixed it to a cherrywood sockle. Yes, it came out of the tree on whose trunk it now stands.
It was the first stand alone leaded glass object I ever made, and I really loved doing it.
The object was inspired by the song "we'll never be Royals" sung by Lorde. Every time I see this object the music plops up in my mind.And in case you wonder: no, the Spanish Royal abdication has nothing to do with this. Pure coincidence.

4 comments:

irinapictures said...

Bravo, Rene. These two are so live and fun and work of art and story in themselves.

Rene Fijten said...

Thanks Irina.

Michael Lukyniuk said...

Lovely. A nice piece to place in a garden or a sunroom.

Rene Fijten said...

It's on our breakfast table, and beautiful when the sun hits it.