Sketches

Sunday 3 April 2016

Wasserlos Alzenau

I have this project in the south of Germany nowadays, very interesting, but also very time consuming.
I have to stay three to four days a week in Bayern (Bavaria). That means long days and limited opportunity to sketch.
This is an early-morning-walk-before-breakfast sketch of a old half-collapsed barn. The only thing worth sketching within 5 minutes walking from the hotel. It will be difficult to keep up with this blog.
Watercolourpencil in a A5 moleskine.

4 comments:

Em Gee said...

I very much enjoy every post and appreciate your work.

Rene Fijten said...

Thanks Em Gee.

Michael Lukyniuk said...

Nice use of watercolour pencils. They can save precious time when necessary. It also makes cross hatching more fun because the lines can fade with the application of more water.
Too bad that there's not more interesting subjects in the vicinity since Bavaria seems to be a unique region.

Rene Fijten said...

Thanks Michael, I know Bavaria is interesting, but I am limited to walking distances from the hotel, as I am travelling/driving with colleagues.